The Rockefeller Foundation defines “impact sourcing” as Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) that “intentionally employs people who have limited opportunity for sustainable employment – often in low-income areas.” CloudFactory is an excellent example of impact sourcing – a company built to process overwhelming amounts of data with scalable teams of talented “cloud workers” in developing countries.
Over the past 5 weeks, Mark Sears and the team at CloudFactory have shared stories from behind the scenes of their company that seeks to delight customers by processing big data and to impact the community with an even bigger social mission.
In response to what the CloudFactory team shared during this series:
- Thank you for sharing glimpses of how your lives have been formed and are being transformed as you work together.
- Thank you for demonstrating how you have implemented a business model that can scale with your biggest clients while staying rooted in teams of people working and growing together.
- Thank you for showing that a BPO company can open its arms to a vast pool of untapped talent and the surrounding community as well.
- Thank you for helping to pave the way for more social enterprises to consider how to be successful multinationals in the B2B space without sacrificing their mission.
Have a response of your own? Share it as a comment or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about impact sourcing in this video by the World Bank featuring CloudFactory:
Read the CloudFactory stories here:
- An Introduction – by Mark Sears, CEO
- The future of work is bright when we work together – by Mark Sears
- Our Social Impact DNA – by Evan Kubicek, VP of Workforce
- Typical Day, Part One – by Todd H. Chalfin and Alok Pokharel
- Typical Day, Part Two – by Bikash Sashankar, Sarwagya Pandey and Bikash Paudel
- More than an Intern – by Bishruti Siku
- How Scaling Helps Companies and Economies: Part 1 – Scale Your Strength; Part 2 – Grow the Pie – by John Snowden, VP of Solutions
- Community Service Projects – by Subash Khadka
- The Forming of an Entrepreneur – by Mark Sears
- A Cloud Worker’s Journey – by Tridev Gurung
- Out of Africa – by Evan Kubicek
- Personal Impact of a Scalable Workforce – by Anuk Shakya
Thank you to the CloudFactory team for sharing their stories. Learn more at cloudfactory.com.
By Russ Browder, editor, VentureCompassion.com
Get the latest
Subscribe to get on the mailing list.